Word-I-Ness

Word-i-Ness/Read Mine. Share Yours.

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Time was the Factor….

Rather horrifying to see that I posted only once in 2015 - Love to write and time hasn't been my friend. But now there are changes afoot and time is being held out to me, on a giant platter. Let's see what we can accomplish.

I'm told I am such a young ** year old and I think so too but this past Thanksgiving I experienced an accident with a "sneaker wave" that admittedly through me for a loop, and literally to the ground. Those of us that experienced that situation and those that love us and found out after the fact are all glad we survived. The injury to my body was localized and painful and slowed me down considerably for a bit of time - happy am I so many months later to have regained my energy and the ability to experience almost total recovery. Thank you. I look forward to the recovery being tweaked it's last little bit. Hurrah for healing and rejuvenation. 

Now the newest is that I am seeking my next chapter in the work world. Seeking now a gentler work-scape with the joy of meeting new people and sharing laughter throughout the day. I've spent a lot of my adult life working very long hours and it's time for that to change. How? What will that be? That is the question. For now, I'm taking a deep breath and doing some thinking and research and decisions will come...it will be interesting and fun to see where I land and how the door opens. 


For now I am happy that I am living in the city I want to be in and being able to influence a certain little man with love and attention.I'm meeting new people reconnecting with friends from long ago and not so long ago. I know my city a bit better, I have two favorite coffee shops, enjoy water aerobics and picking up a cooking workshop when I find one... who knows what else is around the corner -  Oh and a satisfying, albeit tiny, little thing... It's nice to  not have to use the GPS to get any and everywhere. ;)

And those coffee shops... Fillmore and Fleur de Lis
http://fillmorepdx.com/
and
http://fleurdelisbakery.com/


Here's a shot from another favorite spot, Forest Park.... hiking in the city. Perfect.




 

No comments: